In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1edificación anexa feminine
- It had destroyed five homes, a barn, 21 outbuildings, a boat and several vehicles.
- Its outbuildings include a double garage, greenhouse, potting shed, kennels and workshop.
- Residents had also been urged to check back gardens, outbuildings, sheds and garages.
- The former bike sheds and outbuildings will become individual creative arts workshops.
- Much of the stone of the wall has today been plundered for the building of farmhouses, outbuildings and churches.
- A stone arch separates the main house from stone outbuildings measuring 50 feet by 15.
- In the absence of a church, meetings were held in the home or in an outbuilding on a farm.
- He also reminded householders that garden tools and power tools kept in sheds and outbuildings were valuable and therefore vulnerable to thieves.
- Inside one of the rural farm's outbuildings, steam pours from a large metal vat and a man stirs a huge pot of brewing barley with a large spade.
- It can be anything from an old outbuilding to a small shed or barn.
- Major renovation work was done in the 1970s and both the main house and stone outbuildings have been re-roofed.
- Historic coach houses and outbuildings should where feasible be incorporated in any future uses of the inner block area.
- It boasts many outbuildings, a guest house, workshop, garages and even air raid bunkers.
- Farms can also provide outbuildings or barns for work to take place away from prying eyes.
- Opening at the same time are several rooms in the main house and outbuildings that have not been opened to the public previously.
- There is also a range of stone outbuildings including a coach house, two garages, a workshop and log store.
- He added the main mill building and outbuildings would be demolished because they were fragile and there were traces of asbestos.
- Among other things he is urging people to ensure people to secure sheds, garages and outbuildings.
- There is also the added cost of maintaining estate houses, outbuildings, cottages and fences.
- This building is usually one of the larger outbuildings on the farm and is specially designed for corn storage.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.