In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1el espacio sideral
- The ultimate mapping tool enables computer users to zoom in on any location on the planet from outer space.
- He's come up with a new way to detect the presence of planets in outer space.
- This prohibited nuclear testing in the atmosphere, in outer space, and underwater.
- We also realize that our planet itself is nothing more than an island in outer space.
- Later they showed that no material is needed for negative refraction in outer space.
- The atmosphere is clearly not outer space, despite the difficulty of defining the boundaries of that area.
- Some are lost to outer space while others enter recurring orbits around the Sun.
- It might as well have come from outer space, then; it might as well be magic.
- And what they find is a long sequence of prime numbers that comes to earth from outer space as a radio signal.
- Her school projects and papers were all about the stars, planets, and outer space.
- Viewed from outer space, planet Earth provides a pleasing blue and white view.
- We've got all kinds of sensors and they start with people on the ground, and they go all the way up to outer space.
- Huge parts of the ceiling came hurtling at them like meteors from outer space.
- It's a story about revelation and pain in inner space, rather than adventure in outer space.
- It also served as an experiment on the behaviour of gas in outer space.
- When they traveled to outer space and took pictures of the earth, they saw that it is a dark, hanging sphere.
- The lifting power of the water is all that is needed; it's like floating in outer space without gravity.
- I love to look at outer space with my telescope and look at specimens with my microscope.
- Human rights violations occur within a state, rather than on the high seas or in outer space outside the jurisdiction of any one state.
- Others are convinced that the Earth is being watched and has already been visited by creatures from outer space.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.