In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(clothes)conjunto masculinetenida feminine Chilea Cinderella outfit — un disfraz de Cenicienta
- They were always buying cute little outfits, and bringing me clothes to wear.
- Tell me the theme of the night and we can get you an outfit for the occasion.
- She walked up to her bag of clothes in search of the perfect outfit for the day.
- The perfect outfit for the occasion is hiding somewhere in your closet.
- Today's outfit was based on a Chinese-style costume, black silk embroidered with pink and gold flowers.
- I picked out my cutest outfit that day to make a good impression.
- Ever since I had seen her in her skimpy little cheerleading outfit, I had a huge distaste for her.
- I had chosen an outfit of black jeans and a small dark green t-shirt for her.
- There were lab coats, Vegas showgirl outfits, long gowns with full skirts, vampire costumes, and flapper dresses.
- Just select the girl's dress you want, then pick the matching outfit for your size doll.
- They were also able to expand their clothing line to include denim outfits, sweatshirts, outerwear, and accessories.
- Choose a form-fitting outfit - no baggy jeans or sweats.
- She wore her black leather outfit as though nothing had changed.
- The trick is to keep some of your older clothes (the articles that you love), and revamp those outfits with the new clothes of this season.
- Choose a blending colour that matches your outfit for the day.
- Most of the students were donning their new outfits, dressed to precision.
- The rest of his outfit consisted of black slacks, black boots, and black gloves.
- He dons a carefully chosen outfit consisting of a meticulous striped shirt and pants that match his season.
- Buy a new outfit for the day.
- His outfit consisted of a white cotton dress shirt with a black bow tie and matching shoes.
- It's an outfit that doesn't just repair your gear, but improves it.
- And I was able to splash out on a whole new outfit of expensive camera equipment.
- It can be subdivided to create custom compartments for the ideal organization of tools, sets, kits and outfits.
3informal(organization, unit)they're a well-disciplined outfit — son un equipo disciplinado
- they've set up a small electronics outfit — han montado un pequeño negocio de electrónica
- It is time for some of those outfits to re-evaluate their business plans, take a long hard look at their balance sheets and perhaps consider a timely exit from the market.
- The local brass band association has offered to try and pull together a replacement outfit from bands across the area.
- Looking to fill the property on off nights, he bought some local promoters and formed a concert-booking outfit.
- The roadblocks are even greater if a rookie joins a team that has poor chemistry or if he lands with a multicar outfit in which the teams and/or drivers don't get along.
- Activities of extremist communal outfits must be constantly monitored.
- They are all very talented musicians and are a unique outfit as they perform as a unit.
- The home team looked the sharper outfit in the opening 10 minutes and dominated the exchanges to go three points up without reply.
- More than half of revenues was generated from the outfit's directories business.
- The men's team are a young outfit after an overhaul three years ago.
- They in turn have found an outfit that is pushing the utility mutual concept.
- He was closely monitoring the outfit's activities in the entire Northeastern region.
- So it must be something other than pure transaction costs that keep some outfits in business.
- They pointed out that arrest of the militant, who was willing to surrender, could have led to vital clues regarding the activities of the militant outfits.
- It understands that although both outfits have their legal teams working on the case, no formal move will be made until it issues its ruling.
- It already appears to be shopping around its business, a trading-and-research outfit.
- These include notations in the business records of these outfits, which make it clear that the tasty bivalves were unusually popular.
- Likewise many other villagers who were innocent and have nothing to do with any activities of any banned outfits were booked.
- And it says it would have worked with them to build an ‘industry-wide best practice’ had the outfit been that concerned about the matter.
- He said he had been brought in as coach with the Board being well aware that he would require time to bring in changes and make the team a strong outfit.
- Two of the region's finest vocal outfits team up next Thursday for a dream billing.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.