In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(clothes)conjunto masculinetenida feminine Chilea Cinderella outfit — un disfraz de Cenicienta
- Choose a blending colour that matches your outfit for the day.
- The rest of his outfit consisted of black slacks, black boots, and black gloves.
- Just select the girl's dress you want, then pick the matching outfit for your size doll.
- His outfit consisted of a white cotton dress shirt with a black bow tie and matching shoes.
- The perfect outfit for the occasion is hiding somewhere in your closet.
- They were also able to expand their clothing line to include denim outfits, sweatshirts, outerwear, and accessories.
- There were lab coats, Vegas showgirl outfits, long gowns with full skirts, vampire costumes, and flapper dresses.
- Tell me the theme of the night and we can get you an outfit for the occasion.
- She wore her black leather outfit as though nothing had changed.
- Choose a form-fitting outfit - no baggy jeans or sweats.
- I had chosen an outfit of black jeans and a small dark green t-shirt for her.
- Most of the students were donning their new outfits, dressed to precision.
- She walked up to her bag of clothes in search of the perfect outfit for the day.
- He dons a carefully chosen outfit consisting of a meticulous striped shirt and pants that match his season.
- They were always buying cute little outfits, and bringing me clothes to wear.
- Buy a new outfit for the day.
- Ever since I had seen her in her skimpy little cheerleading outfit, I had a huge distaste for her.
- Today's outfit was based on a Chinese-style costume, black silk embroidered with pink and gold flowers.
- I picked out my cutest outfit that day to make a good impression.
- The trick is to keep some of your older clothes (the articles that you love), and revamp those outfits with the new clothes of this season.
- It's an outfit that doesn't just repair your gear, but improves it.
- It can be subdivided to create custom compartments for the ideal organization of tools, sets, kits and outfits.
- And I was able to splash out on a whole new outfit of expensive camera equipment.
3informal(organization, unit)they're a well-disciplined outfit — son un equipo disciplinado
- they've set up a small electronics outfit — han montado un pequeño negocio de electrónica
- Two of the region's finest vocal outfits team up next Thursday for a dream billing.
- The home team looked the sharper outfit in the opening 10 minutes and dominated the exchanges to go three points up without reply.
- Looking to fill the property on off nights, he bought some local promoters and formed a concert-booking outfit.
- It is time for some of those outfits to re-evaluate their business plans, take a long hard look at their balance sheets and perhaps consider a timely exit from the market.
- He was closely monitoring the outfit's activities in the entire Northeastern region.
- These include notations in the business records of these outfits, which make it clear that the tasty bivalves were unusually popular.
- They in turn have found an outfit that is pushing the utility mutual concept.
- The local brass band association has offered to try and pull together a replacement outfit from bands across the area.
- They pointed out that arrest of the militant, who was willing to surrender, could have led to vital clues regarding the activities of the militant outfits.
- Likewise many other villagers who were innocent and have nothing to do with any activities of any banned outfits were booked.
- The roadblocks are even greater if a rookie joins a team that has poor chemistry or if he lands with a multicar outfit in which the teams and/or drivers don't get along.
- The men's team are a young outfit after an overhaul three years ago.
- Activities of extremist communal outfits must be constantly monitored.
- It understands that although both outfits have their legal teams working on the case, no formal move will be made until it issues its ruling.
- So it must be something other than pure transaction costs that keep some outfits in business.
- More than half of revenues was generated from the outfit's directories business.
- And it says it would have worked with them to build an ‘industry-wide best practice’ had the outfit been that concerned about the matter.
- It already appears to be shopping around its business, a trading-and-research outfit.
- He said he had been brought in as coach with the Board being well aware that he would require time to bring in changes and make the team a strong outfit.
- They are all very talented musicians and are a unique outfit as they perform as a unit.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.