In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(sociable)(personality/person) sociable(person/personality) extrovertido
- I've met a lot of commercial pilots and most of them were outgoing and friendly thanks to their charm-school personalities.
- Others listened because of his friendly outgoing nature and warm compassion he showed toward others.
- Dominicans are warm, friendly, outgoing, and gregarious.
- ‘She is quite a show off and likes playing up to a big audience and is such an outgoing and confident person,’ she said.
- His friendly, outgoing personality enables him to fit in comfortably with any crowd.
- Volunteers should be available for a 3 hour period each week, and should have a friendly outgoing personality and helpful, caring disposition.
- Are you a confident outgoing person with an interest in drama, or are you a shy person who wishes to gain confidence?
- Neither have any of my friends - we tend to be a confident, outgoing and successful bunch.
- With her friendly smile and outgoing personality Ann made many friends and was held in high regard by all who had the pleasure of knowing her.
- He will always be remembered for his outgoing and friendly personality.
- She was such a friendly and outgoing person and had time for all her customers.
- I am a friendly and outgoing person most of the time.
- They're usually just confident, outgoing people with a great sense of fun.
- After all, if my outgoing, friendly, extroverted best friend couldn't find anyone to hang out with, what hope was there for me?
- A very friendly and outgoing person, she bore her illness with great fortitude.
- He is an extremely outgoing, friendly and social guy.
- She was warm, friendly, outgoing, very generous and very clever, but more determined than anything else.
- It wants friendly, outgoing people with excellent telephone manners, who enjoy working as part of a team.
- Visualize yourself as an outgoing assertive friendly person.
- Australians are very outgoing, friendly people.
2.1(outbound)delays are reported on all outgoing flights — todos los vuelos están saliendo con retraso
- all outgoing mail to be ready by 4 o'clock — toda la correspondencia debe estar lista para despachar antes de las cuatro
- for outgoing calls only — solo para llamadas al exterior
- The fact that such an offer was made at all indicates that the Kremlin is not dissatisfied with the outgoing governors personally, but with how they fit into a specific political context.
- In a statement outside Conservative central office, the outgoing Tory leader said that the name of his successor would be announced in a simple statement tomorrow afternoon.
- The outgoing Governor rang the Australian Broadcasting Corporation last night saying he was shocked at the suggestion he wanted a confidentiality clause over the settlement with the Tasmanian Government.
- We shall respect all international and bilateral agreements signed by the outgoing government and proudly take our position in the international community.
- Indeed, he is something of an affable version of our outgoing governor - not as bright, not as driven, but equally without agenda and equally without a base.
- It would be the kind of meeting that takes place between all incoming and outgoing governors, basically a standard transition briefing.
- It was the first time since 1969 that an outgoing Government had been led back into office.
- All the outgoing offices and committee were re-elected.
- And the outgoing governor has said that seeing the single currency into existence and being part of the key team that shapes monetary policy in the EU took up a significant part of his time.
- The Government has committed over £200m in funding for payments to outgoing sub-postmasters and improvements to remaining offices.
- The vote to proceed in undue haste looks like an 11th hour bid by the outgoing Councillors to build an edifice to their term of office.
- The outgoing Chairman who has now commenced his tenth year in office in his acceptance speech again stated that this would be his last year.
- It will be an interesting few weeks as the Convention beckons, but the outgoing Chairman will remains favourite to retain his position.
- Under the old policy, it was quite common for unseemly Registrars to abuse their position and prevent outgoing customers from transferring to a different service provider.
- The only change on the committee was at Assistant Secretary level where the two outgoing occupants of the position didn't seek re-election.
- Over forty members attended, and with the outgoing officers having completed their terms of office, new appointments were made.
- Earlier this year, the outgoing governor of Illinois commuted the sentences of all 167 inmates on the state's death row.
- The outgoing officers were all returned for another year in office.
- Without further ado, the new coalition is adopting the position of the outgoing right-wing government.
- He says he intends the next Government to stay in office for a full five years, like the outgoing Government, regardless of its political make-up.
2.3outgoing dishes — comida para llevar feminine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.