In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1excursión femininesalida feminineto go on an outing — salir de excursión
- I have always been against outing closeted gays just for the hell of it.
- Where I start to believe in outing is when a celebrity lies outright by denying they are homosexual.
- The outing really was quite a freeing experience.
- It is a fragile thing, this tactic of outing to expose hypocrisy.
- He is the last person who should be saying now that he is the victim of a ‘brutal outing.’
- Nevertheless, outing is justifiable as an ethical and journalistic matter when two criteria are met.
- So has this very public outing of spin-doctoring techniques damaged the PR industry?
2(of homosexual)outing masculine
práctica de hacer pública la homosexualidad de una figura pública
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.