In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1(of factory) producción feminine(of worker, machine) rendimiento masculineto increase industrial output — incrementar la producción industrial
- All religious output, a substantial amount of radio drama and contributions to network current affairs are also Manchester-made and the BBC has an orchestra here.
- The search to increase the amount of product or output while incurring less effort or risk has been a theme of our military's development since its conception.
- It is a significant achievement that copper output at the mine is set to increase by over 50 per cent from the current levels.
- One of the only sectors that did not experience falling output was the auto industry, which increased production by 2.4 percent in May.
- Between 1995 and 2001 output in the industry doubled and employment rose from less than 100,000 to 180,000.
- From France, however, he continued his creative output, producing essays and plays in addition to novels.
- Agricultural production from the basin represents 41 per cent of the national output from rural industries.
- In 1945 fully half the world's industrial output was produced there.
- The production index for industry output contracted by 0.26% in the second quarter compared with the previous three months.
- Producing around six hundred films per year, the industry organized its output around stars and genres.
- Judging by their amount of output, however, you might just think that.
- The volume of industry output for the third quarter rose 3% compared with the same period last year.
- It means you get the same amount of output with less work, but it does mean you need to find ways of assuring the confidence in the future that will enable businesses and individuals to spend.
- Overall the total volume of industrial output for the three months was up by 0.5% on the previous quarter.
- In the first half, the city's gross domestic product grew by 15 per cent, with industry output rising by 22.5 per cent.
- For example, total sales of computer manufacturers do not necessarily tell much about industry output or labor productivity.
- Irish agriculture has to export 80% of its total output, including a substantial amount of our output to countries outside of the European Union.
- By 1945 South Africa's industrial output had nearly doubled, most growth occurring in mining, steel, and textiles.
- For small business owners, it means that fewer workers may be required to produce the same amount of output in the future.
- It seems like a natural cycle that happens every summer and some good creative output follows it.
1.2(literary, artistic)producción feminine
1.3Computingsalida femininebefore noun output device — dispositivo de salida masculine
- At the rear panel, there are analog and digital audio outputs, power and interface connectors, a jumper with pins for setting the status of the drive on an IDE channel, and a jumper for factory testing.
- These highly flexible DC power systems can be configured with up to four outputs with a maximum power of 600W per output.
- The rear panel is perfectly standard, carrying digital and analog audio outputs, interface and power connectors, and a jumper with pins.
- Additional system inputs and outputs accommodate the attachment of such peripheral devices as dials, conveyors, and indexing apparatus for high-volume production.
- The 1.8 litre unit, in contrast, gives no less than three power outputs: 118, 135 and 160 bhp respectively.
2.1Electricitysalida femininepower output — potencia de salida feminine
- before noun output socket — toma de salida
2.2(of engine)potencia feminine
transitive verboutputted, outputting
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.