In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1transmisión de exteriores femininebefore noun outside-broadcast unit — equipo móvil masculine
- Coverage of the Queen Mother's funeral was the largest outside broadcast in British television history.
- The weekend arrangements varied, as sports, outside broadcasts, religious services and adult education programmes did not count towards the totals.
- Pictures and reports from the live outside broadcast will also be shown on the BBC's digital news channel, News 24 and the One O'Clock News on BBC ONE is expected to feature a report.
- He was responsible for technology, outside broadcasts, studios, post-production, facilities management and premises.
- These events will lead up to a week of intense radio broadcasting on Radio Northampton in May, culminating in an outside broadcast in the town centre, run by pupils from the College.
- Jeff Randall's half hour documentary runs from 7.30 pm and will be followed at 8.00 pm by a studio discussion and series of outside broadcasts, culminating in a fans' phone-in.
- It was the first time that McMillan, an Assistant Producer with BBC Radio Sports, was responsible for a live outside broadcast.
- The programme will also be extended throughout the campaign, to include a special evening Saturday edition, featuring guest correspondents and outside broadcasts from around the country.
- Presenter Mark Barnes was based in the studio while outside broadcasts were under way.
- As well as presenting travel news at the BBC, Abbasi worked as an audio technician with outside broadcasts and radio cars.
- The first outside broadcast followed, and then the Derby was televised live in June 1931 and with higher quality the following year.
- The three selected people will work at Radio 1 and receive training in broadcasting, editing, reporting, production, research and have the chance to take part in outside broadcasts and other Radio 1 events.
- The eight hour live outside broadcast (simultaneously broadcast on the BBC's website for Derbyshire) covered every aspect of the Prince's visit.
- She moved from radio to television production in 1978 where she has worked on an enormous range of programmes from studio shows and major outside broadcasts to landmark film series.
- Continuous news channel BBC News 24 and BBC Parliament will also make use of outside broadcasts from locations across the country.
- The location that gets the most votes will be the base for an outside broadcast marking the launch of a landmark radio series.
- She will present the breakfast bulletins, a majority of the lunchtime bulletins and also be seen around the region fronting outside broadcasts and filing other reports.
- At the beginning of the second half, Nicky Campbell announces which home team has come top and introduces live pictures from the outside broadcast as they prepare to take on their studio counterparts.
- I remember meeting Vicky four years ago at an outside broadcast for local radio.
- If the trial had gone ahead, it would have been the first time that the technology, similar to that which television companies use for live outside broadcasts, was used in Lancashire.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.