In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1director externo masculinedirectora externa feminine
- Beijing also installed at the bank four outside directors who run the all-important audit committee.
- We have written evaluations of board effectiveness on an annual basis, and twice each year our outside directors meet without management present.
- No outside director is CEO of a company of comparable size.
- We can speculate, though, about why a high percentage of outside directors increased, rather than decreased, acquisition likelihood.
- In fact, five years ago, only 1 percent of outside directors nationwide had financial management or CFO experience, according to the Spencer Stuart survey.
- Fortune sends surveys to executives and outside directors asking them to rank companies in their own industries on eight criteria.
- This was the happy outcome of a trend set in motion by the SEC in 1972, when it called for the establishment of audit committees made up of outside directors at all public companies.
- Under the plan, the NYSE will also have a chief regulatory officer who reports to outside directors, not management, and an independent board.
- I have been able to draw from my time as a CEO and as an outside director of 20 companies as well as from my experience teaching corporate governance and leadership courses at Columbia Business School.
- One outside director, usually the chairman of the corporate governance committee, if there is one, needs to consolidate the responses and lead the ensuing discussion.
- Since 1982, Fortune has annually asked executives, outside directors, and business analysts to rate the 10 largest companies in their own industries.
- To keep your board current, vigorous, and up-to-date, you'll probably need to elect some new outside directors who do not yet have the full measure of experience that you would like them to have.
- It is noted that it was not until 1993 that a majority of the directors were outside directors.
- Analogous survey scales were included in a second questionnaire sent to all outside directors at firms whose CEOs had responded to the initial survey.
- Today, the income an outside director receives is a significant factor in deciding which board offers he or she chooses to accept.
- We believe that in designing a company policy to make outside directors owners, four main considerations should come to mind.
- On April 5, Cendant announced the resignation of two employed directors and the appointment of two outside directors.
- Worker representatives often know more about a company's problems than outside directors, but union leaders who also sit on the boards of German companies systematically delay restructuring.
- It would make clear the effect of crony relationships between management, outside directors, and institutional shareholders.
- Its audit committee is made up of outside directors.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.