1(person not belonging)persona de fuera feminineafuerano masculineafuerana feminineafuerino masculine Chileafuerina feminine Chilefuereño masculine Mexicofuereña feminine Mexicoan outsider's view of the situation — la opinión de alguien ajeno a la situación
- they made her feel like a complete outsider — la hicieron sentirse como una verdadera intrusa
- Before the invention of doctrine, you can distinguish outsiders because they belong to a tribe.
- Almost all of my films of the year came from abroad, or were made in America by foreigners or outsiders.
- They were always treated as outsiders, strangers within the small communities that made up medieval towns.
- For all his renown as an economist, he was something of an outsider in the economics profession.
- In their presence, visitors become intellectuals and outsiders looking in.
- We are faced by an organisation of outsiders completely free from any emotion about how this may affect our community.
- There were the popular kids and then there was me, the outsider who didn't belong to any of the categories that made up our school.
- There is a Japanese proverb that those who live in the temple see outsiders as a little strange.
- When his appointment was originally announced, outsiders were surprised.
- You may even feel like an outsider - a foreigner in your own country.
- Louisiana politics seems strange to outsiders, I know, but this bill will not be voted on.
- Certainly, each generation has its conformers, its rebels, and its outsiders.
- Their view will be that of the outsider, the visitor, the tourist.
- Thus English people are apt to conceptualize themselves as individuals, while outsiders are seen as members of groups.
- ‘I felt like an outsider in my own organisation,’ he says, but has since rectified matters.
- Imprinted people live in their own world of symbols, and their behavior to an outsider would appear strange.
2(in competition)he was beaten by an outsider — fue derrotado por un desconocido
- a rank outsider — un segundón
- she's an outsider in this election — no está entre los favoritos en estas elecciones