In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Clothingde talla gigantede talle gigante River Plate
- Information is collected routinely on purchases of outsized clothing, or of slimming products.
- Eventually, they came up with three clickable buttons that are centered beneath an outsized, horizontal LCD screen.
- Like opera itself, the novel is outsized and outrageous, with evil curses, nervous breakdowns, and overwhelming arias.
- Since so many environmentalists think this way they tend to have an outsized influence on framing how environmental issues get debated.
- In the process, he's increasing the already outsized power of his tiny state in high-profile corporate transactions.
- What got most of the attention though was his large mouth and exceptionally outsized front teeth.
- Everything about going to the movies today is outsized, except the size of the screening room you end up in.
- To be able to lift their outsized jaws, the assassins evolved elongated necks, giving the spiders a unique ability to strike from a distance.
- On one, a farmhouse is enclosed by a wildly outsized path.
- The entrance is marked by the word ‘mediatheque’ printed in playful outsized letters on the sliding doors.
- Over time, the imperial tented bed became an outsized symbol of the Empire style's most recognizable design.
- He holds back huge multi-pointed leaves to reveal plants thick with buds and outsized aubergines, the size of a well-blown up football.
- A larger frame woman would be more flattered by muted plaid, and no one really looks terrific in a completely outsized plaid.
- Her brown boots with their outsized 12 cm heels are just too cool for her to worry about details like being able to walk without teetering.
- I'm skeptical that there aren't equally outsized egos in the graphic design community, up and down the ladder of experience.
- The craft could carry 2000 pounds of cargo but it certainly would not be capable of hauling outsized equipment such as spare engines.
- Even so, it would take nothing less than Babe Ruth's outsized personality and equally enormous home runs to let baseball fans believe again.
- You open another and come across a giant animatronic cat, trying to catch an equally outsized mouse.
- Indeed, we suspect gold is likely to grab an outsized share of the immediate future, thanks to the substantial pressures weighing on the US Dollar.
- The men worked extra shifts when malfunctions occurred: heavy machine parts and outsized tools had to be moved.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.