1burlarthey had been outwitted by their enemies — sus enemigos habían sido más listos que ellos
- In fact, in order to make sense of Aslan's victory it must be noted that he effectively deceives the witch and so outwits her in his return to life.
- But keep to the model of The Doctor using his mind to outwit his opponents.
- United have even proved adept at switching the tactics mid-game to outwit opponents this season.
- Wal-Mart outwitted its rival by growing slowly since 1962 and first planting itself in many rural areas, where it cost much less to build.
- For decades scientists have sought reliable ways to detect deception, only to be outwitted by liars capable of deceiving their instruments.
- Awestruck by its glittering new friends in business, but baffled by the complexities of the scheme it supports, it has been consistently outwitted and outmanoeuvred.
- Gent can snap back at his opponents but would rather outwit them.
- And those who monitor intercepts can easily be outwitted.
- In recent months, Slavkov has outwitted his opponents.
- In race after race Schumacher outwits opponents by overtaking them when they are stationary in the pits.
- If youths consistently saw criminals outwitting police, they would idolise the criminals, Baksh added.
- In that case, the ones who are hurt the most are the least intelligent men, whose true equals have been snatched away by dominance-seeking men who have outwitted them.