In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- And outwith the galleries' jurisdiction, there is another challenge.
- In the 1960s, the guide began covering countries outwith France.
- The panel is likely to favour somebody who has done really exceptional work outwith their duty and beyond PR associations.
- Increasingly, specialist care is provided outwith hospitals and those patients who need to go to hospital stay there for shorter periods.
- He must've lived here with other people, but as it's outwith the 1901 census I'm not exactly sure how I can find out.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.