In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The colors are compatible with the Victorian style of the downtown area, but they don't look overdone.
- Musical embellishment is rich and well-produced but maybe the soaring strings are a little overdone.
- Parts of the film felt silly or overdone, taking away from the relationship that developed between the two boys.
- These exercises should not be overdone.
- Those close to Abramovich insist that the comparison is overdone.
- The report of what I said, if a bit overdone, had truth in it.
- The language is poetic without becoming overdone.
- With the whole movie being a flashback, to have a flashback within a flashback seems a little overdone.
- It can be overdone, yes.
- McCulley, however, thinks such speculation is overdone.
- The audio is solid, although the voice acting is overdone and melodramatic.
- The result is entirely natural; nothing is out of place, nothing is overdone.
- The background score, though overdone, heightens the tension and is perfect for the mood of the film.
- The best songs here are elegant and catchy without being overdone.
- I think the modern style restaurant is overdone.
- They are not, then, overdone, either in quality or quantity.
- I think the rhetoric of secularisation is very much overdone.
- Nothing is overdone, nothing is superfluous.
- More realistic, but still overdone.
- Personally, I think this is overdone.
- Can't cook them through before the thin part is overdone?
- Although the mint and cumin combined well, the meatballs were perhaps a little overdone.
- The walnuts were a nice touch as was the mascarpone, which made it nice and creamy, but the rice was slightly overdone.
- Indeed, the chicken breast and the leg of lamb came out a bit overdone and dry, as perhaps your grandmother's did.
- The tiger prawns were huge and not overdone and the potatoes and vegetables not overcooked.
- From the limp way they sat on his fork, though, the prawns looked overdone to me.
- This was a generous portion and although one was overdone the rest were delicate, fresh and delicious with the brioche.
- My Mardi Gras chicken fettucini was overdone.
- The roast beef was not overdone, the vegetables excellent and I enjoyed every mouthful.
- In fact, the monkfish was so overdone, I thought it was swordfish, and the tuna, prawn and salmon were a close second.
- The marinated chicken breast was dry and overdone, and the salmon, though clean tasting, had little flavor.
- The mussels were plump and not overdone and the sauce with them very pleasant.
- Not only that, but the loaf was overdone too.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.