In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1descubierto masculinesobregiro masculineto have an overdraft of $200 / a $200 overdraft — estar sobregirado en 200 dólares
- to grant sb overdraft facilities — autorizarle un descubierto a algn
- Credit cards, overdrafts and personal loans are unspeakably expensive!
- Presumably, those unable to survive would need to take out a loan or use credit cards and overdrafts to pay living expenses until they could get back on their feet.
- Some issuers even allow you to transfer other expensive debts, such as overdrafts and loans, to a zero-interest deal.
- Such products include personal loans, credit cards and overdrafts.
- Interest rates on credit cards, overdrafts and personal loans are usually multiples of what you receive for savings on deposit.
- If you count your overdraft, credit card or loan as disposable income, you're wrong.
- What's more, as well as interest on approved overdrafts, banks usually levy ongoing arrangement and review fees for larger overdraft limits.
- If you have debts, whether they are bank overdrafts, personal loans or unpaid credit card bills then start by itemising all those outstanding loans.
- Historically, granting bank officials overdrafts was viewed as promoting poor financial habits and setting a bad example to customers.
- We'd all be miles better off if we could steer clear of expensive debts, such as overdrafts, credit cards, store credit, personal loans and so on.
- Experience shows that it is important to include all bank loans, overdrafts and credit cards into any reduced payment scheme.
- Crucially, you will both be individually and jointly responsible for any overdrafts or debt on the joint account.
- Apparently, all of them are now steadily nibbling away at their overdrafts and credit card debts and supporting each other while doing it.
- If you get an overdraft from a bank, terms and conditions, as they say, apply.
- But even so, much of a student's debt comes from bank overdrafts and credit cards and who could resist an easy-peasy way of getting shot of those?
- It's possible to save a tidy fortune by switching loans, overdrafts, credit and store card balances to 0% cards.
- Can I link a savings account to a checking account to cover overdrafts and, if so, what is the monthly charge?
- Credit cards, store credit, overdrafts - even personal loans - are all expensive ways to borrow.
- So you need to clear away overdrafts, credit card balances and any personal loans.
- Do not include the payments you are supposed to make on any unsecured credit such as personal loans, overdrafts and credit cards at this stage.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.