In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1hacer un esfuerzo excesivodon't overexert yourself! — ¡cuidado, no te vayas a herniar! ironic
- The doctor had told me that I had been unconscious for three days because I had overexerted my body.
- We have to make sure that she does not overexert herself.
- My doctors cautioned me to avoid doing any activity that would overexert my heart, so I rarely exercised.
- If you're able to hold a conversation while jogging, it's a good sign you're not overexerting yourself.
- Both are mass-produced, which evidently overexerts the natural resources.
- You must have overexerted yourself screaming at Chon because you just collapsed.
- He had overexerted himself and was now suffering with a fever.
- She's afraid that I've been overexerting myself.
- The doctors said that I had overexerted myself and that's what made me pass out.
- High blood pressure forces your heart to overexert itself.
- The walls are infused with healing crystals in case someone overexerts themselves.
- You overexerted some of your muscles and several small tears had appeared in your lower leg muscle.
- If you do go directly to high altitude by car or plane, do not overexert yourself or move higher for the first 24 hours
- The cat had overexerted himself chasing it, and had gone down defiantly with his prey in his paws.
- It is important to note that serious heat illness is more likely to occur in people who are overexerting and not as well conditioned.
- As far as I can tell, she's simply ill and she overexerted herself.
- Exercise to maintain body heat but don't overexert.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.