1the lights shone overhead — las luces brillaban en lo alto
- the sun was directly overhead — el sol caía de pleno
- a plane flew overhead — pasó un avión
1.1(high up)(cable) aéreo(railway) elevadooverhead light — luz interior feminine
- overhead locker — compartimiento superior
- overhead luggage rack — rejilla (portaequipajes) superior
- Why, just the other day one of our overhead lights began to flicker.
- The helicopter then showed up overhead the wreckage, about 50 yards away from me.
- A helicopter seemed to be overhead the whole time.
- The rubber inflatable octopus in the overhead compartment is for important financial purposes only!
- Ruiz provided one of the best goals of the year with a wonderful overhead kick.
- He has dozens of armed policemen after him and helicopters overhead.
- They also had to replace the trolley pole when it escaped from the overhead wire.
- Instead of buying all new overhead cabinets, the couple found old pieces with character and refurbished them.
- We all got very wet waiting for the helicopters overhead to edge nearer, and for the snail's pace queue of ordinary buses to finally end.
- In less time than it takes to tell, Swan had an overhead kick cleared off the line by Frost, before the equaliser arrived from a penalty after 61 minutes.
- A total of 8 cameras will provide comprehensive coverage, capturing all the on-field action from ground level and overhead views.
- The labourers tapped the overhead power lines situated at least 2 kilometers away from the labour lines on May 16.
- The one carry-on bag must fit in an overhead compartment or under the seat.
- This is why overhead power cables travelling long distances have a very high voltages.
- News helicopters overhead hovered with cameras sweeping the scene.
- Up to 51,000 homes across Northern England were caught in the crisis when gales and blizzards damaged overhead power cables.
- His eyes roamed the dense canopy 150 feet overhead, spotting every monkey, toucan, tree rat, and sloth around us.
- The air was cold, and the drifting of clouds high overhead was more marked.
- The wire from that pole to ‘our’ pole was too close to an overhead power supply cable and, in the wind, had rubbed through its insulation.
- Four miles of overhead power cable can be erected in the Ringley and Stoneclough area.
1.2overhead camshaft — árbol de levas en cabeza masculine
- Televisions are in every rack, and a pneumatic overhead hoist is in each hangar bay, just to make the mechanics happy.
- Both engines have cast aluminum blocks and heads; both have dual overhead cams.
- Gasoline engines with overhead valves are less polluting than those with side valves.
- One of the biggest growth areas will be the move from overhead valve engines to overhead cam engines.
- Both engines are all-aluminum and have overhead cams and four valves per cylinder.
- Today's cars offer overhead cam engines with multiple valves or variable valve timing which provide good fuel economy, but little low end torque.
- Although very successful over the years, the Honda uses dated overhead valve technology - meaning that the engine relies on pushrods to open the valves.
- This was a single overhead cam 2 litre engine, developing up to 140 BHP and mated to a five speed gearbox.
- Next, the engine: a 2.4-liter featuring 16 valves with variable valve timing and double overhead cams.
- The capacity is 2.5 litres and the motor has 12 valves actuated by a single overhead cam.
- They have dual overhead cams and four valves per cylinder.
- Look for engines with clean-burning, overhead valves, rather than side-valve engines.
- Beginning with a 123 cc model, the ultimate Maserati motorcycle was a 248 cc vertical twin with overhead cam engine.
- Cylinder deactivation, a natural for OHV engines, is achievable but far more complex with overhead cams.
- The Minor's 850 cc overhead cam engine provided the power for the first MG Midgets.
- The cylinder head is a single overhead camshaft, two valve type.
- Advances in technology means that engines work more efficiently using an overhead cam.
- Each cylinder features two valves, operated by followers running on an overhead camshaft controlling the charge cycle.
- The all-aluminum engines feature dual overhead cams and four valves per cylinder.
- By comparison, the Cadillac's 16 overhead valves and pushrods sound trite at best.
1.3Sport(shot/pass/kick) por encima de la cabeza
2Business Finance(costs/charges) indirecto(costs/charges) general(charges/costs) de estructura
- Few exchanges offer opportunities to cover overhead expenses, such as cost of goods, payroll, and rent.
- You'll make more money if you do because your basic overhead cost will remain constant.
- Operating and management costs and overhead expenses will be shared by the owners, with Club One taking over the headache of running the fleet.
- A week-long closure of both plants is expected to take place in June, in a further effort to cut overhead costs.
- The Landlord does not accrue substantial overhead expenses, as only a skeletal support organization is needed.
- The association said its proposal is based on increased overhead costs for maintenance, spare parts and fuel.
- She saves on overhead costs by owning her properties, which enriches her businesses.
- If you manage your overhead costs properly, you will impact directly on your bottom line cost base.
- It also benefits from some economies of scale, since production in a foreign plant means that corporate overhead costs are spread over a larger corporate output.
- Their margins were helped initially because there was little overhead cost.
- Vegetable exports dropped considerably because of factors such as high freight as well as other overhead costs.
- Administration and overhead costs include internal administration, overheads, and management fees to external agencies.
- On the other hand, a small company with lower overhead costs may be able to justify serving much smaller segments who have distinctive needs.
- The answer is that finding the money is just an overhead cost of the business, like the rent paid for the premises, or the cost of heating the premises.
- I thought of the price of fresh ingredients, transport, overhead costs and the travails of a seasonal business.
- It would simply be part of the overhead expense incurred by the solicitor in the proper conduct of his practice.
- Calculate how much you spend in total on ongoing overhead costs including rent, electricity and wages.
- Without huge overhead costs, each extra dollar of revenue sees more profit fall to the bottom line.
- They take up shelf/warehouse space and contribute to increased overhead cost such as insurance.
- It's the gross profit that covers the overhead expenses and provides the net profit you need to build the company and get a return on your investment.
1(usually plural) gastos indirectos masculine(usually plural) gastos generales masculine(usually plural) gastos de estructura masculine