In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Despite his sense of legality, he could resort to dramatic displays of armed might and air power to quell internal opposition with literal overkill.
- The main consideration was to avoid weapon overkill.
sobrecapacidad de exterminación
- It sounds a bit like overkill, but one on each arm, matched with front and rear lights covers all the angles.
- If your company's goal is to use learning as a core retention strategy, that seems like overkill.
- However, I agree that this is probably overkill in this case.
- But that response turned out to be overkill when the usual large dose of morphine did not follow the initial small injection.
- They must have determined that to be overkill, because they stopped attaching the probes to their body armor at some point during the mission.
- More than eight ounces is getting too close to overkill.
- If wiring the wine cellar for an Internet connection seems like overkill, consider the possibilities for the pampered homeowner.
- Isn't adding a second bomb a bit of cinematic overkill?
- The screen is a bit of overkill because the audience is not that far from the center of action on the hot shop floor.
- It may be overkill, but don't tell that to the book world.
- Sitting through the whole thing might feel like overkill.
- Nevertheless, one can't help but think the hordes of Canadian Mounted Police and other law enforcement personnel amounts to overkill.
- Yet now that the government seems to be throwing its weight behind the issue, some critics call it overkill.
- Lastly, this keeping of the suspense for a whole week is a bit of overkill.
- While it may seem like overkill, the military was finally satisfied.
- In some cases, this approach is necessary, but many times it's overkill.
- For the home user it might be a little too expensive, and even a bit of overkill.
- I understand the need to meet labelling requirements, but I suggest that maybe this is a little bit of overkill.
- A surround mix would have been nice, but probably overkill.
- For a band that had one single in them, getting the full reissue treatment seems a bit like overkill.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.