In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Am I right to question his eating habits, or am I being over-particular about mine?
- Instead of establishing the system and order you would like, you are over-particular in some things that matter to you personally but lax and indulgent in other ways.
- So that's my over-particular long ramble for the day.
- An aquaintence maybe, but a friend? Maybe its because of my over-particular use of language, but I don't think anyone can become friends in the span of five minutes.
- But in his over-particular vanity and his envy he was indefatigable in the striving for power.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.