1(smell) muy fuerte(smell) embriagador literary(heat) aplastante(heat) agobiante(desire/thirst) irresistible(desire/thirst) inaguantablethe soup had an overpowering taste of garlic — en la sopa predominaba un fuertísimo sabor a ajo
- The broth was a little too buttery, with some slightly overpowering raw garlic dominating the flavour.
- Being left to guard such bounty can be an overpowering temptation.
- The noise of crashing wood, trucks beeping in reverse, and men shouting was overpowering.
- These overpowering urges are ruining my weight-loss efforts!
- The scent is strong but not overpowering and the cream sinks in fast.
- The lack of an overpowering pitch will cost him.
- Since it was not overpowering, it did not bother them much.
- It may be loud and overpowering, but at least it sounds good.
- The dialogue is strong and the music not overpowering.
- I can still recall the overpowering smell from all those leaves.
- The characteristic and distinctive sights, sounds and smells were overpowering.
- The austerity of that moment is overpowering.
- The stench coming off the ship was quite overpowering.
- The plot was simple, the effect overpowering.
- The guy was dynamic, overpowering.
- They could barely resist the call of the forbidden, and the urge was overpowering.
- An overpowering sense of disconnection is taking me over.
- But the sadness was overpowering at times.
- Then there was the overpowering smell.
- It was such an overpowering feeling.
2(person) apabullante(person) abrumador