In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(book/performance/movie) sobrevalorar(movie/performance/book) sobreestimarhe overrates his own importance — se cree más importante de lo que es
- Last night I gave you one of the most overrated operas in the repertory; tonight it's one of the most underrated.
- Communication is heavily overrated as a means of resolving issues and accomplishing things.
- Traditional plus-minus systems tend to overrate average players on good teams and underrate good players on lousy ones.
- I believe this to be the true king of the jungle and not that overrated pretender, the lion.
- On the other hand, maybe sanity is overrated, and a decent sabbatical from fiction is just what my brain needs to come up with loads of exciting new ideas.
- Conversely, nurses overrated emotional needs of patients as indicators of caring.
- This would also get rid of problem number two, which is cleanliness - a very overrated virtue.
- There are those who say that he is overrated on some counts - that he made some bad Beethoven recordings, and so on.
- It would not be his fault if he were overrated; it would be the fault of the (mostly white) writers who overrate him.
- You may now safely consider me to have overrated the movie.
- That being said, I would like to repeat something that I've said before: namely, that I think that America overrates the importance of a college education.
- ‘A vast array of individuals seriously overrate the importance of money in making themselves, and others, happy,’ said the strategist in a recent memo to clients.
- Dignity is overrated, especially when surrounded by so much spangle and sequin.
- Sagittarians tend to overrate the benefits of activity.
- I'm also of the opinion that both the product marketers and the idea marketers are vastly overrating the level of influence weblogs have attained.
- Conversation is overrated anyway, though don't tell that to the waiters here.
- The press failed just as miserably in New Hampshire - but this time by overestimating and overrating him.
- Self-esteem is not overrated - it is critical in a healthy, balanced human being.
- The existence of one billion squatters might suggest that ownership is overrated.
- In your opinion, who is the most overrated celebrity today?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.