In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
transitive verboversewn, oversewed
- However, it is possible that it may occur simply as a result of oversewing a bowel segment at the time of anastomosis.
- This lesion was oversewn with a felt-buttoned 4-0 Prolene suture, leading to complete termination of bleeding.
- The patient's chest was opened within five minutes, multiple units of blood were transfused, the hole was oversewn and the patient's blood pressure was stabilized.
- The majority of operations described involved cutting the Fallopian tube and oversewing the cut end so that it was hidden.
- For patients with recurrent pneumothorax, surgery to remove, oversew, or staple any residual blebs may be indicated.
intransitive verboversewn, oversewed
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.