In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Avoid the dangers of overspecializing in one area.
- We had come to the view that we were overspecialized, in terms of how we organized our activities.
- This becomes difficult, however, for science has become overspecialized.
- The market will become overspecialised and eventually you'll start to have games for very specific people.
- The monsters you'll face are often immune to at least one style, so an overspecialized character is going to find himself in a lot of trouble.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.