In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1the trip to London is already oversubscribed — ya hay demasiada gente anotada para el viaje a Londres
- the issue was oversubscribed — la demanda de acciones superó a la oferta
- the offer was 10 times oversubscribed — la demanda de títulos fue 10 veces superior a la oferta
- Speed said the company had offers of funding from several backers, and the funding round was oversubscribed.
- Although the IPO was heavily oversubscribed, the insiders did not exploit the chance to cash in some shares.
- The share offer was eleven times oversubscribed.
- The flotation, which was 20 times oversubscribed, was a huge success.
- Underwriting commissions were due to be paid at a rate of 3.1 per cent of the product of the offer price, with a further 2.6 per cent on additional shares sold if the float was oversubscribed.
- When the trust's shares were issued several years ago, they were well oversubscribed and were seen as an efficient way for investors to participate in the mid-term endowment policy market.
- The share issue, which raised $890 million, was more than four times oversubscribed.
- Conduit was around 8 times oversubscribed which helped to push the price to the top of the range.
- The share placing was heavily oversubscribed and the company said it had raised the money to have the flexibility to look at small acquisitions.
- Once virtually guaranteed to make a mint from oversubscribed equity offerings, investment banks are now being forced to go way beyond the call of duty as advisers and put their own balance sheets on the line.
- The share sale was hugely oversubscribed and at one point the shares were 27% higher than the issue price of 850 rupees.
- The share issue of Denway Investments in 1993 became the most oversubscribed issue in the history of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- When it raised $696 million in late October without breaking a sweat, individual investors in Hong Kong queued up to apply for shares in a deal that ended up being oversubscribed 50 times.
- He said the company had initially planned to raise around €1 million in funding, but had taken ‘the pragmatic view’ when the round was oversubscribed.
- Because oversubscribed issues are subject to quantity rationing, uninformed investors may find that they are eventually allocated more overpriced issues.
- He added that the issue was seven times oversubscribed.
- When Medco Energi Internasional of Indonesia put $150 million in bonds up for sale in May, the offer was eight times oversubscribed.
- The two retail tranches were oversubscribed by about 1.57 times.
- The company raised €10 million in May, but decided to extend the round after it was oversubscribed by potential investors.
- Traders remark by the time the issue closes, it may have been oversubscribed seven to eight times by retail investors and about 15 times by institutional investors.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.