In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(person) demasiado gordoto be overweight — estar demasiado gordo
- I am 10lb overweight — tengo un sobrepeso de 10 libras
2(weighing more than allowed)the parcel is overweight — el paquete pesa más de la cuenta
1exceso de peso masculine
- If you are overweight, losing weight may help you feel better.
- The 71-year-old owner has brought in professionals to help his overweight employees lose weight.
- Athletic women who are underweight at the start of the pregnancy commonly gain more weight, while overweight women may gain less.
- Balance caloric intake with physical activity and lose weight if currently overweight or obese.
- Overall, there is no evidence that low-fat diets are any better than low-calorie diets in achieving weight loss in overweight or obese people.
- I was overweight, but I managed to reduce my weight and have maintained it for the last 10 years.
- It can also be used to determine if people are at a healthy weight, overweight or obese.
- If overweight, her desirable weight gain is significantly less, about 15 to 25 pounds.
- Even with extremely overweight children, weight loss should be gradual.
- A national poll of more than 2000 men asked whether they considered themselves underweight, normal weight, overweight or obese.
- Thirty-one percent of children are overweight or obese.
- In sharp contrast, her junk-food-eating brother who loves hamburgers is massively overweight and so are her mother and father.
- Overestimation of height and underestimation of weight in overweight people will magnify underestimation of body mass index.
- Therefore, primary preventive strategies may include measures to avoid weight gain, or to achieve weight loss in overweight patients.
- Most of the women in the study who wanted to lose weight were not overweight.
- The evidence for the effectiveness of interventions for weight loss among overweight adults, compared with obese adults, is limited.
- ‘Gee, look Cindy, they got gondolas,’ crooned an overweight woman to her massive friend.
- It took ten seconds before he emerged, a medium height, slightly overweight man in an expensive dress outfit.
- Bulimics tend to be of normal weight to slightly overweight.
- As long as you're not considerably overweight for your height and age according to your doctor, don't worry about it.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.