In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Females are oviparous and broadcast spawn eggs in the water column as the male does sperm.
- In contrast, our experimental study of an oviparous species that does not have parental care is of considerable interest, as any observed family resemblance is likely to be less dependent on pre- and postnatal influences.
- In oviparous species, females can enhance reproductive success by investing in the size, quality, and number of eggs.
- The regulation of hatching behavior in oviparous animals is important for successful reproduction, but is poorly understood.
- In oviparous animals this can include prefertilization decisions such as the production of larger eggs and the deposition of hormones, such as the steroid testosterone, into yolks.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.