In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- When the donor mare ovulates, she is bred to the chosen stallion through artificial insemination, using frozen, cooled or fresh semen.
- The key is for the woman to keep a diary to work out when she ovulates - the point of the cycle where sex is most likely to result in pregnancy.
- The chance of getting pregnant by artificial insemination is increased if the female partner has healthy Fallopian tubes and ovulates regularly.
- These behaviors will likely dry up your cervical mucus and also keep you from ovulating or menstruating.
- Even for women who ovulate, there is no information about oocyte quality and consequent embryo quality after fertilisation.
- Firstly, only a small percentage of women ovulate exactly 14 days before the onset of menses.
- Among many of these species, females ovulate just after giving birth, perhaps encouraging males to stick around until after babies are born.
- There are several means by which one can be certain that a woman is ovulating and these are tests that are frequently recommended in our program.
- If patients ovulated in six subsequent cycles, no further treatment was given.
- Human mothers, by contrast, don't ovulate again right after birth, nor do they produce offspring with more than one genetic father at a time.
- Should consider managing cycle to ensure mare has ovulated and finished oestrus before start of competition.
- Females ovulate only after spending several days with a male and then mate several times over several days to ensure fertilization.
- The women in the study were 18 to 44 years of age, were ovulating normally, and were not taking oral contraceptives.
- Fertility drugs may be used if the female partner isn't ovulating (making and releasing eggs) properly.
- Fillies began ovulating and advertising estrus by adopting a distinctive posture between one and two years of age.
- Homeopathically, I decided to use glandular remedies to stimulate her ovaries to ovulate.
- The tester is a lipstick-sized, portable microscope that a woman licks to test her saliva to determine if and when she is ovulating.
- The average fertile period for a woman lasts only six days per menstrual cycle and ends the day she ovulates.
- There is more discharge when you ovulate or breastfeed, or when you are sexually excited.
- Other studies have shown that women undertaking extreme exercise regimens had ceased ovulating and menstruating.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.