In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- One of the Tesco bargains I enjoyed is its own-label Chilean Merlot.
- Most own-labels in both the food and drink sectors have improved over the last ten years, and now the best often compete with the brand leaders - as well as being a good deal cheaper.
- It's the equivalent of an own-label food line and should be aiming much higher.
- As own-label has grown, brands have been squeezed off the supermarket shelves.
- Similarly, Turkish manufacturers marketed their own-label jeans under foreign-sounding brands, such as Moment Jeans or Pyramid Jeans, as if they were imported.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.