In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1autogol masculinegol en contra masculine Southern Coneto score an own goal — meter un autogol
- They also had two players sent off, a penalty awarded against them and scored an own goal.
- Who has scored the most own goals in English football history?
- Two of the TNR premier Division games last weekend saw the scoring open with own goals by the home team.
- To add insult to injury the final goal was an own goal by the Abbey centre half.
- A team may win a game 5-1, but it can still score an own goal, have three yellow cards and a player sent off.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.