In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(color)azul oscuro masculine
- This latest Oxford Companion comes in the well known Oxford blue binding and runs to almost 1000 pages.
- The present rugby club's badge was accepted and the club colours will be Cambridge and Oxford blue.
- Former Oxford blue Will made a century and Lawrence made an unbeaten half-century.
- Old Wellingtonians from Berkshire, UK, may have fielded two Oxford blues but they were not prepared for the resolve of the Panthers.
- No Oxford Blues in our college, just Oxford blues.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.