In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1rabo de buey masculinecola de buey feminine
- It was as tender and succulent as any oxtail I can remember.
- There's also oxtail on the menu, as well as rice pilau, and, if you call ahead, the owner will make ginger beer.
- Don't be put off by the fact that they take a while to prepare, for comfort food is also about anticipation, about transforming some unpromising raw oxtail into a rich, delicious stew.
- But don't forget oxtail and tongue, both of which will probably need to be ordered specially.
- I love their beautiful rich soup which has shreds of oxtail in it.
- The dish: a roasted sea scallop with serrano ham, braised oxtail, picholine olives, sweet garlic purée and crispy artichokes.
- Of course, it's quite impossible to live without roast rib of beef (of which more on Friday) and braised oxtail.
- Just the other day, they made some ravioli stuffed with oxtail.
- The restaurant will be called The Victory, and will serve a traditional menu, with items like bobotie and oxtail.
- Braised oxtail is a well-known example in England.
- On the third dish, place a warm piece of oxtail served with an oxtail-filled wonton.
- A difficult matter, lots of choice - from braised oxtail to brill - and everything sounded so delicious
- Add the beef stock and oxtail to the stock pot as well, and place on a stovetop over medium heat.
- Midas' mom, who has had my oxtail and my stew peas, told me to open a restaurant!
- In the nourishing-winter-stew category, my favorite dish was a mass of oxtail sandwiched among layers of ravioli skins, with two pieces of seared monkfish on top.
- Follow that with steamed oxtail, beef and veal kidney pudding with roast shallots and buttered carrots.
- Add the chili pepper, peppercorns, oxtail, wine, and vinegar.
- You'll find many good pairings - steaks, roast lamb and any other ‘red’ meats and those occasions you find yourself eating oxtail.
- Place oxtail in a non-reactive dish and add herbs de Provence, chili sauce and olive oil.
- Bring a saucepan of water to a simmer and heat oxtail for 10 minutes.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.