In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cámara de oxígeno feminine
- She was placed under an oxygen tent, and Vita stayed by her bedside for days, quietly urging her to breathe.
- But can't you achieve a similar effect with an oxygen tent or elevation training?
- Unless you were actually under an oxygen tent, you could smoke in hospitals.
- Only 22 years old, he spent his last days under an oxygen tent in a hospital.
- I do not remember when the oxygen tent encased me; nor, do I remember when it was removed.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.