In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- So the heart continues to provide a circulation, the lungs continue to oxygenate the blood, just as they would in any other kind of operation.
- Since blood is oxygenated in the placenta, there is no need for pulmonary circulation and left sided pumping of blood.
- A fountain oxygenates water to fight algae, the harmful byproduct of geese droppings.
- Breathing correctly or concentrating on your breathing will help oxygenate your blood which in turn oxygenates the baby.
- Also, remember to breathe deeply, helping to oxygenate the blood.
- The rest are beneficial because they oxygenate the water.
- Yoga gets the entire system moving, as well as oxygenating the blood.
- Create more red blood cells and oxygenate your body.
- Patients with COPD have progressive airflow limitation leading to disabling dyspnea, with an inability to properly oxygenate the blood.
- Blueberries are also rich in a plant chemical group called anthocyanins, which help oxygenate the skin and keep it looking young.
- To overcome this, they repeatedly gulp oxygen and release it inside the burrow, oxygenating the water which then allows them to remain inside for up to 30 minutes at a time. This behavior also provides oxygen for any developing eggs.
- It flushes the lymph system, nourishes and oxygenates the vascular system, cleanses the intestines, and is healing and soothing to all mucous membranes.
- Nodules of Pennsylvanian age are marine, having likely formed in the quiet, brackish, oxygenated waters of lagoons.
- In obese patients, the workload of the heart is frequently increased by the strain of supplying oxygenated blood to all tissue.
- It was assumed that this blood was fully oxygenated.
- The left heart pumps oxygenated blood out to the systemic circulation.
- The nutrient solution was changed every week to limit the acidification, and was oxygenated by an aquarium pump.
- What the machine does is push oxygenated blood through the body and back to the heart.
- Derived from natural grains, it produces enzymes that convert sugar into alcohol and carbon dioxide, serving to oxygenate skin.
- In this way they work at a constant and effective system of ploughing, which enriches and oxygenates the soil.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.