In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1que no daña la capa de ozono
- The new product, HFC - 134a, is regarded as the best ozone-friendly replacement for CFC - 12, which is used in refrigerators, air conditioners, as aerosol propellants and in producing foam plastics.
- One of the largest suppliers of hydrofluorocarbons to industry, the company executives presented strategies for maintaining safety, using different channels and coming up with new combinations for ozone-friendly molecules.
- At first she was disappointed that I was making so much drama over a haircut, but after an hour or so she softened up and went to Wal-Mart, returning with a bag full of ozone-friendly hair products.
- HFCs were originally introduced as an ozone-friendly alternative to CFCs; however, they are now recognized as a powerful greenhouse gas, with as much as 4,000 times the global warming potential of carbon dioxide.
- Although it's possible to retrofit much of this equipment to be serviced with ozone-friendly alternatives, costs can run anywhere from a few hundred to thousands of dollars.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.