- And it is hard to find anyone who speaks with administration officials off the record who believes their publicly pacific intentions.
- He seemed a pacific, reform-minded monarch, and educated liberals hoped for great things from him.
- Gulls fluttered above the breakers, sentries at the entrance to this more pacific kingdom.
- Your winning strategy is one of pacific resistance rather than dynamic offensive today.
- Thus, even though all states may possess thoroughly pacific intentions, international competition and conflict may still arise.
- Sadly, the Empress is quite pacific, though if her intention was to appear worshipful, she didn't quite succeed.
- In the midst of a violent and haggard existence Thomas takes an hour out of his day to practice piano in the modest living room of a quiet, pacific piano teacher.
- Enforcing the isolation of this callow and callous ruler is the least that a humane and pacific foreign policy must aim for.
- Our government is committed… to pursue all diplomatic and political - and hence pacific - efforts to obtain satisfaction.
- His face was pacific and showing a hint of content.
- As the cool water slowly soothes away my unjustified frustration, I feel my neck muscles relaxing and know my features are easing back to pacific calm.
- At first he was reluctant to accept my aid but once I played a soothing and pacific melody from my flute his spirit was calmed.
- I have taken many out-of-towners along this trail and they often marvel at the pacific nature of the dogs that congregate there.
1the Pacific (Ocean) — el (Océano) Pacífico
- before noun the Pacific Rim — los países de la costa del Pacífico