In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Don opened the brown paper wrapped package slowly, and undid the tape on a box inside of it.
- Ari found the suspicious package in a cardboard box and immediately reported his discovery to the police.
- The firm also received a major contract allowing them to deliver parcel packages for Fed-Ex.
- By the time he hits Finland, he's barely stopping long enough to offload packages and parcels.
- ‘Here, I got you a little something,’ she says, handing me a flat, square package.
- ‘Happy Birthday,’ she said quietly as she took out a wrapped package from her bag and handed it to me.
- The vehicle then loads up the packages and parcels at Hartlebury which are intended to be distributed from the sub-depot from which it made collections earlier in the night and takes them to that sub-depot.
- Teamsters truck drivers who deliver packages for United Parcel Service, for example, have said they will honor the janitors' picket lines.
- By the 1890s, the US government was sending out millions of packages containing packets of several different seeds each year.
- Don't leave wrapped packages or shopping bags on car seats where they can entice thieves.
- ‘He got me a present,’ the short-haired youth muttered, staring in disbelief at the wrapped package in his hands.
- Does the final pack or package include just the tray, or the tray and header bag, or the shelf pack too?
- The company is now tracing all the parcels and packages that were at the warehouse, and will be tracking down and informing affected businesses and individuals.
- For those who are not acquainted with Christmas crackers, they're little packages in garish paper.
- Also, passengers should not go to the airport with wrapped packages.
- Inside the box was a package wrapped in silver paper, tied with a silver bow.
- In December, we mail a holiday package - a fun, clever gift along with a video of the summer - to each of the previous season's staff.
- Next to her place was a dry goods store where they still wrapped your packages in brown paper before sending you home.
- Our Hall Ings and district offices have been overwhelmed with parcels, packages, carrier bags and boxes of items sent in by individuals, families, companies and organisations.
- So that means going back through every package sent and being prepared to document the postage, the recipient, the purpose, etc.
1.2US (packet, carton)paquete masculine
- For years - decades, perhaps - every package of chopsticks I've ever seen around here has come in the same red wrapper.
- A package of blank photo paper, which also includes the dye supplies, consists of 36 pieces and costs Rp 130,000.
- The sealed package of papers dates from between 2013 and 2019 and archaeologists speculate it may have been deliberately buried for historians of the future.
- A bulk package of 8 paper towel rolls costs around $5, and makes somewhere around 900 wipes.
- The Pica Limon came in a package very similar to Pico Diana; very small individual packets full of powder.
- She flung her package of photography paper onto the counter.
- You could try to agree with that neighbor to grow the same variety of corn, but if they don't respond to diplomacy, buy a package of old fashioned paper lunch bags.
- We went to operations, and the first pilot was given a package of papers.
- Cael opened the package and took out the small packet of flavoring, setting it on the counter as Vincent followed his instructions.
- Edelman is also hoping that the recent increases in the cost of a package and carton of cigarettes will keep some youngsters from starting the habit.
- Rowena found packages of paper plates, cups, napkins, and plastic forks; she was just setting the napkins out in a fan when Eloise came by.
- I discreetly tested my mind-control abilities on the Princess, by willing her to ask for a package of peanuts - the experiment was not a success.
- All I needed was a new binder, a few packages of binder paper and a package of black inked pens and I would be ready to roll.
- After gulping down half the can I shuffled through a few cupboards until I found a package of peanut butter crackers.
- The system converts voice into Internet data packets - little packages of data that go to and fro on the Net - and vice versa.
- Noah grinned and tossed her a package of paper napkins.
- When they were done I ordered the salad, a bottle of water and a package of M & M Peanuts.
- You see, the peanuts didn't have a set price - you'd just toss some change into the can and take a package of peanuts.
- Kozinski ripped open a package of printing paper and thumped the stack against a table to align the edges.
2.1(collection, set)paquete masculinea software package — un paquete de software
- a package of reforms — un paquete de reformas
2.2British informal (vacation)viaje organizado masculinea two-week package to Tenerife — un viaje organizado de dos semanas a Tenerife
- package vacation / holiday — (of area, country) viaje organizado
- There is an interest in these forms of tourism as part of packages for tourists.
- Monte Bondone is not a resort, and the holiday package caters exclusively for single adults.
- You should see his vacation packages… everything about the transfer would be to our benefit.
- Online customers also will have a chance to win trips and vacation packages to Marriott Resort Hotels or a grand prize of a VIP trip to the 2000 Sydney Olympics.
- Themed tour routes, which include tours of Joburg's mines and Soweto's historical Vilakazi Street, were being explored as packages to market to tour operators.
- Vacation Outlet sells both resort packages and cruise vacations.
- Lighthouse tours were included in my vacation package and I was in the mood for sightseeing.
- A special feature this time round provides an insight into how tour operators put your holiday packages together.
- Additionally there will be handsome trophies and holiday packages to Sri Lanka resorts.
- As part of their holiday package, David and Eve will get the opportunity of climbing the famous arch of Sydney Harbour Bridge; the deal also includes a sunset dinner cruise.
- I am a business traveler and have no wish for a vacation package.
- Grand prize is a vacation package for two upper class tickets to the U.K. and hotel accommodations, and a signed guitar from the band Travis.
- To greet the Labour Day break, Shangri-La, the largest hotel group in China, is launching a special package for holiday-makers.
- Three-day family vacation packages cost $155 per person, including activities and meals.
- The number of Irish tourists there is likely to be small, according to Budget Travel, because Irish tour operators do not provide holiday packages to Turkey in the winter.
- They focused on all-inclusives and vacation packages, deciding on an all-inclusive resort in Antigua.
- Bulgarian tour operators have negotiated good ski tourism packages in Helsinki, Todorov said.
- The peace and quiet of the North Coast of Bulgaria is a choice that many make based on its luxurious holiday packages, tour operators and foreign guests.
- The second package leaves Dublin for London and on to Istanbul from May 13 to 16 inclusive.
- The Hawaii vacations, Hawaii cruises and Hawaii vacation packages are one of the most sizzling tourism deals.
2Businessthe product is attractively packaged — la presentación del producto es atractiva
- she was packaged for the leadership — le crearon una imagen de líder
encargarse de la producción de un libro
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.