In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- As the head of design and packaging for the girls division at Mattel, she wanted something innovative, a product that was part construction set, part craft kit.
- This would go along way to enable local companies invest in packaging and distribution both for the local and export markets.
- He said for Africa to fully utilise its resources, there was need for regional packaging so that countries would do joint marketing of products.
- ‘We think good packaging supplements good production and in turn it leads to good business,’ he said.
- The offering can actually start to play out in a way that the previous packaging or distribution system wouldn't allow it to.
- A total of 63 staff jobs will be retained in Carlow in sales, marketing, distribution, sugar packaging and administration.
- Children still learn how to bake bread and operate a sewing machine, but the subject is now likely to include discussion on the nutritional value of food, commercial packaging and the fashion industry.
- All of the products described below are designed to speed up packaging and make the process more cost-effective.
- He, however, challenged the private sector to improve on their standards and packaging of products for them to compete with foreign products.
- Tetra Pak develops and manufactures the equipment for processing, packaging and distribution of liquid food.
- Mead retired as Tenneco CEO and chairman, and became non-executive chairman of the new packaging and automotive companies.
- Packaging of products plays a vital role in the transportation and sale of goods.
- E-tailers must carefully balance the costs of a delivery proposition that appeals to customers with the reality that shipping and packaging take a bite out of revenues.
- For what it's worth, perfume costs very, very little to manufacture - the main costs are in the marketing and packaging, although even that doesn't explain the high price of the stuff.
- They will address the areas of packaging and marketing, technical issues as well as design and branding.
- The food processing industry also involves processing such as grading, sorting and packaging which enhance the shelf-life of food products.
1.2Businesspresentación femininewith the right packaging, he could be a star — si se le crea la imagen apropiada, podría llegar al estrellato
- Video game packaging is a highly market-conscious but often under-appreciated art.
- However, unlike their more famous peers, this group lacks the potential commercial packaging that results in a memorable aural impression.
- I really appreciate the packaging, presentation, and layout, but there are technical and informational flaws that mar the enjoyment of the extras.
- Not that any of that actually matters - because unwrapped from all its packaging, the key point is this.
- Everybody in the music worlds think that a record's packaging is crucial, but not necessarily for the same reasons.
- But most authors would be pleased by such sales figures, especially as the books needed no promotion or packaging.
- What set him apart was the way he understood that advertising and packaging are the driving force of post-war popular culture.
- His casting, along with that of now-wife Buffy, reeks of agent packaging and concept marketing, pure and simple.
- But when you take away the clever packaging and advertising, is soy really a superfood?
- And when I say ghastly, I mean the presentation and packaging, not the actual music.
- The presentation, appearance and packaging of cricket on TV had been changed radically.
- Politics like practically everything else nowadays is a matter of packaging and selling, be it an individual, a Prime Minister hoping to make an impact, or a policy.
- Opera is different from the mainstream entertainment industry, which uses packaging and promotion to increase popularity.
- When it is up and running the recycling centre will accept cardboard, plastic packaging, cans, textiles, clothing and that is termed dry recycling.
- Both memory modules arrived in form fitting packaging to protect it during shipping.
- Electrical and electronic equipment are on their list too and don't forget cardboard, plastic packaging, cans, textiles and clothing.
- The world's largest maker of ceramic packaging used to protect computer chips gets more than half of its sales from abroad.
- Cardboard and plastic packaging with printed weights and brand advertising was not a feature of retailing at the time.
- It's the first time he's ever expressed interest in a toy that doesn't have instructions or batteries and comes with completely bio-degradable packaging.
- These bootlegs come shrink wrapped in pretty packaging, looking almost exactly like a professional version except they cost a fraction of the price.
- Even the plastic film used for packaging is food-grade, virgin plastic.
- The selection of an adhesive-coated material for sterile packaging can require months of testing and screening.
- The discs are as stable as regular CDs and come wrapped in green packaging.
- It even comes with unique packaging, strangely wrapped in a cardboard slip case and inner artwork that resembles a little starship.
- These vegan soaps have biodegradable packaging.
- All their packaging is biodegradable, and should have completely dissolved within 14 weeks of going into a landfill.
- And, finally, choose goods wrapped in recyclable packaging.
- Fuels, plastics, paper and packaging can be derived from hemp, a plant that needs no pesticides, and a paper source that needs no bleach or forest destruction.
- The packaging is designed to protect the mangoes from the traumas of the Indian transport system.
- If you plan to recycle the packaging from your Easter goodies, detach the cardboard box from the foil and plastic packaging.
- Even though it has been printed on extra-lightweight paper, protective packaging will inflate the overall weight even further.
- Perioperative nurses can take the initiative to set up areas to collect clean packaging, blue wrap, plastics, and paper.
- This definition would include the shelf pack and shipping carton and any other packaging used to protect the sterile barrier system.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.