- The IP subsystem, which packetizes the compressed voice data, also contributes delay in a gateway.
- The library takes care of all low-level tasks: packetizing the information into named packets, compression, encryption, sending, receiving, buffer congestion and flow control.
- However, if voice traffic were to be packetized, it would almost surely be compressed, and then its volume would already be less than that of Internet traffic (at least in the U.S.).
- When an application issues a request for a file, the file server assembles related blocks and packetizes the resulting file for LAN transmission.
- We will exploit known technologies such as optical communications, Internet protocol networks, and packetized data switching in new ways to vastly improve our information-dissemination capabilities.