also paddy field
- The background, with hills covered by pine trees on one side of the road and stretches of blue sea on the other side, makes viewing the paddy field soothing to the eyes.
- Encouraging farmers in Thung Yai to grow rice in permanent paddies is also against the Pwo concept of land use because it implies ownership of the land.
- The government said on Monday the typhoon had affected 287,877 acres of farm land out of a total 4.67 million acres, flooding rice paddies and battering fruit and vegetable fields.
- On one side of the road in what looked like a paddy field after recent heavy rains a pheasant picked its way fussily around as though scared of getting its feet wet.
- The trenches also serve as cutoff drains between shrimp ponds and rice paddies and as wastewater drains for returning water from the shrimp ponds back to the irrigation canals.
- ‘It was like a huge group of grasshoppers surrounding a paddy field, ready to ravage the grains,’ the report said.
- Sighting a snake in a jungle could be difficult, but if you visited a paddy field in the rural areas, you could find hundreds of them, Mr. Whitaker said.
- According to the report, there were three massive cases of pollution, causing the death of vegetable fields, rice paddies and forests.
- But he did not receive water from the government irrigation scheme in time, the paddy field dried out and he could not get a good harvest.
- Ronnie Robb was walking through a paddy field in the foothills of the Himalayas when the wasp stung him.
- At the base of the mountains, the land is green with fields and rice paddies; up above, lush drifts of cloud forest circle the high elevations; to the north and east is the shore of the Caspian Sea.
- Cadmium contamination is a worldwide problem, especially in Asia's flooded soils - called paddies - in which rice is grown.
- She was a three-month-old baby elephant, too small to keep up when her group had been caught raiding a paddy field and driven into the forest.
- The pitch was waterlogged before the start and continuous heavy rain meant it resembled a paddy field long before the end.
- Tall concrete buildings, trucks, and tuk-tuks, softly lit by the sun's early morning glow, are soon replaced by brown rice paddies, green fields, and tall, arching trees.
- The countryside is beautiful, with farmhouses and rice paddies in the valleys, surrounded by wooded hills and mountains.
- The geographical location of the paddy field made the expanse of land that it encompasses brim with surprises - with never ending tales of its own.
- We found a wonderful little pagoda in the middle of rice paddies and tobacco fields in the village of Wuping.
- Although the entire town was farmland, he would go to the plowing fields and rice paddies and work until dusk.
- The open landscape is harmoniously composed of grain fields, rice paddies, orchards, rape fields and vineyards.
1(tantrum)pataleta feminine informalrabieta feminine informalhe got into a paddy — le dio una pataleta / una rabieta / un berrinche informal
- When they weren't, I started looking through the back of the green and was in a bit of a paddy because I thought I had lost my ball.
- Crooks explained: ‘He had a bit of a paddy but he's realised that if he is going to stay at the club he has to go along with what I tell him.’
- With that she threw a paddy and put the phone down on him.
- I wouldn't exactly say he's straight with me either, but at least he doesn't run off in a paddy.
- I know I'm sounding like some kid having a paddy but my point still stands.