In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1prueba de página feminine
- When at last the copy arrived and he had informed me of how he wanted the pages laid out, I returned a page proof with a number of changes to his text - 64 in total, because he counted them all.
- Some manuscripts include rough and final drafts, and galley and page proofs.
- Two people have copies of page proofs in front of them; a third person checks the 1816 edition, a fourth checks the 1814.
- Please find enclosed one set of page proofs for the book.
- The 255 page proof of the odd order theorem, filling an entire issue of the Pacific Journal, had set the tone, but it was by far not the longest paper.
- And it will happen in this, because stories look different at every stage along the way, from the manuscript to a galley to a page proof to the printed magazine.
- Our original graph had the correct error bars, but we missed the distortion in the page proofs.
- At some stage during the production of this book I will have received from the publishers page proofs - rough versions of the final pages, prepared from the manuscript I provided.
- To ensure our biographies came out simultaneously (rather than mine lagging fatally behind), I had to correct page proofs at frantic speed; manuscript bundles would be delivered to me by motorbike couriers.
- By the time the page proofs came back, they had confirmed, so I changed the stories a bit more.
- Once all the page proofs have been read and everything is ‘check-subbed ‘, the newspaper is sent to press.’
- J. Wiens kindly made page proofs of his most recent papers available for examination, so that we could comment on the result of his most recent simulation studies.
- I normally try to respond to thoughtful blogs and e-mails, but I am leaving town tomorrow and really need to get back to reading the page proofs for the book and writing the index.
- The page proofs were laid out a few weeks in advance, and the minority panel convened for the last time to review them.
- With this change, the online version will become the definitive version, and authors will receive electronic page proofs with a figure quality that will be identical to the online Journal.
- Final editorial and advertising pages are then sent on computer disk to a vendor in Kansas City who prepares the final files and editorial page proofs.
- This change allowed us to send authors page proofs for correction prior to publication and still meet deadlines.
- The mistake, however, is a serious one, and if I'd had my wits about me as an editor, I wouldn't have let the author mix up his tenses in manuscript or allowed him in page proof to lapse into poetic license.
- In fact, Commonweal sent me uncorrected page proofs of the book on August 1, 2002, and I spent many hours of my vacation that month in a careful reading of the text.
- I was stuck in a publisher's office in the City of London reading page proofs from morning till night.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.