In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
2(hairstyle)peinado a lo paje masculinecorte a lo paje masculineshe wears her hair in a pageboy — lleva el pelo a lo paje
- Casually dressed in a white linen shirt and sporting a pageboy haircut, the Spanish star reflected on his career and family life in New York with wife, Melanie Griffith.
- She asks, and for the first time, I look at her, really look at her, the line of her blond pageboy haircut, the crust of lipstick around her mouth.
- Wrapped in an expansive plaid jacket, lidded with page-boy haircut, she looks like a celebrity teapot.
- His unusual clothing and strange pageboy hair cut had Ethan's eyes raising.
- She was in her early thirties, blonde hair cut in a pageboy style.
- I went from wearing my hair in a pageboy to a new, short, chic haircut.
- She seemed to be in her mid to late thirties, her chestnut colored hair cut in a short pageboy style.
- Her eyes blazed out of a heart-shaped face under a long, white pageboy haircut, ebony lashes framing their violet fire.
- She nodded, her pageboy haircut sending a light brown wave of hair across her cheek.
- This great site invites you to take a step back into the past where you can relive classic hairstyles such as the bouffant, the flip, the pixie and the pageboy.
- Wondering why she hadn't gotten a pageboy, or some other short style, she found she had a good view of her fellow students.
- Her sole thespian gesture is to toss her pageboy hairdo and look flustered, not much to base a performance on.
- They live in a world that seems to have rolled off the television screen, dispensing to everyone bouncy pageboys, chiffon scarves and madras shorts, roller skates, Dentyne, and big fridges.
- With a page-boy haircut, Julia Stiles inhabits the character of Paige with conviction.
- By the 1940s the trend towards uniformity had eased and hair could be worn shoulder length in a pageboy style or curling at the ends or bunched in curls on top of the head.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.