In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1buscapersonas masculinelocalizador (de personas) masculinebip masculine Mexico informalbusca masculine Spain informalbíper masculine Chile
- We have the latest in wireless technology, from pagers and cell phones to palm pilot accessories, all for the busy man on the go.
- Let's concentrate on the big three of wireless convenience devices: pagers, cell phones and e-mail.
- These are kids who've had access to cell phones, pagers and personal computers all their lives.
- Many modern digital cellphones and pagers allow users to disable audible ringing, so they can quietly pick up calls in public places or have the phone take messages.
- Personally, I agree that it's rude to leave cell phones and pagers on during meetings or seminars.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.