In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(employment) remunerado(worker) asalariado(vacation) pagado US(leave) con goce de sueldo(informer) a sueldo
- There wasn't even such a thing as paid annual vacation until the unions negotiated it.
- The purpose of this article is to suggest that paid maternity leave is not a fertility policy.
- The majority, some 66 percent, it said, left for paid employment.
- The Essex study shows women spend less time on household chores but do more paid work.
- Surely a month of fully paid leave would not be too much to expect?
- It is run by a small team of paid staff and a large number of volunteers from all over the world.
- We will be advertising soon and it will be one of the best paid nursing jobs in the country.
- Under the agreement the appellant was entitled to paid annual leave but not to sick pay.
- We offer a competitive benefits package including medical insurance, paid vacation and holidays.
- Nobody would argue that paid maternity leave is anything but a good thing.
- Somebody, somewhere - please give Green Fairy an incredibly highly paid writing gig.
- They appear to be of much more value to the area and its people than the paid officials.
- Chronic illness is likely to lead to impaired capacity to participate in paid employment.
- It was also rumoured that he was the second highest paid artist in the world next to Picasso.
- The council is working to attract higher paid jobs, but this is not a city for the rich.
- The burden could grow exponentially as the female participation rate in paid employment escalates.
- Fathers are also now legally entitled to take paid time off work around the time of the birth.
- Please can you suggest some form of genuine paid work at home that my husband or I could do?
- Most Germans have as many as six weeks of paid vacation during the year.
- When a child is ill it should be accepted that fathers will need paid leave to help care for the child.
- Highly paid civil servants faced six per cent cuts in their wages in three phases.
- As well as paid surveying work, Smith explored everywhere he could.
2USque ha pagado su cuota de afiliaciónshe's a paid member of his fan club — es una de sus más fervientes admiradoras
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.