In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1analgésico masculinemasculine calmante
- If the sunburn is severe, you may need painkillers such as paracetamol or antihistamines.
- Over-the-counter painkiller or anti-inflammatory medicine such as Ibuprofen should reduce pain and swelling.
- People with viral meningitis need to rest and take painkillers, such as paracetamol or ibuprofen.
- The pain of shingles may be relieved by painkillers such as paracetamol.
- For moderate pain, painkillers such as paracetamol may help to provide relief.
- Codeine is a good painkiller but, like any medicine, it is not free from side-effects.
- This includes the use of antibiotics to fight infections and painkillers to deal with pain.
- You may have some minor pain and headache, which can be treated using simple painkillers.
- The specialist may prescribe stronger painkillers or other medication to help relieve the pain.
- This discomfort can be relieved by taking painkillers that you would normally take for a headache.
- As the anaesthetic wears off, there may be some abdominal pain, and painkillers may be required.
- The anaesthetist will prescribe painkillers for the first few days after the operation.
- She takes a range of drugs including painkillers and has gold injections at the hospital.
- The knee may feel stiff and sore and painkillers may be needed to relieve the discomfort.
- Until a year ago he was on a cocktail of drugs and painkillers and in constant agony.
- I pass a fine needle into that spinal fluid and deposit a combination of a local anaesthetic and a painkiller, morphine.
- It may be necessary for you to take painkillers for about 24 hours to give the antibiotics time to work.
- One of the first things that is often done by doctors is to give you a simple painkiller like paracetamol.
- The jaw may feel stiff and sore, but painkillers will help to relieve discomfort.
- The morphine and assortment of drugs and painkillers kept her in a dream state for quite a while.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.