In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(causing no pain)indolorothe operation is quite painless — la operación es indolora / no causa dolor
- painless childbirth — parto sin dolor
- Death by starvation and dehydration is neither painless nor euphoric.
- Euthanasia is defined as the painless killing of a patient suffering from an incurable, painful disease.
- Physicians are believed to know how to ensure a painless death, and they are in a position to offer palliative care knowledgeably.
- To ensure that death by this means would be painless as well as quick, the patient requests that she be adequately sedated.
- They are often painless when in the kidney but can cause severe pain as they travel from the kidneys to the bladder.
- Quick, painless deaths are kinder to the dying, and much kinder to the living.
- After all death is not a comfortable venture, it is not painless as a rule which is why animals avoid it so much.
- The disease's symptoms are fever, headache and painless diarrhoea, which can lead to death if not treated.
- This process was also painless and Anoushka didn't go through any kind of pain.
- The punishment for this person consists of a quick painless death.
- I suppose there's some small consolation in the fact that his death was quick and probably painless.
- She slew each of them, quickly, their deaths painless, and in a way a relief.
- Yet, at the same time, once our pets become seriously ill, we are ready to ease their suffering and provide a painless end to their misery.
- We made arrangements to pay a local veterinarian to euthanize those animals by painless injection.
- With pain so prevalent, can one blame yearnings for a painless hereafter?
- Reflecting on these options, Rachel wonders whether painless death harms a sentient creature.
- Untreated, the swelling may resolve on its own or an internal hordeola may progress to form a painless mass known as a chalazion.
- When their man arrived, he told us there was nothing for it but to give the deer a quick and painless death.
- Legally, a doctor should make our exit as painless as possible so our family need not suffer either.
- Her stomach felt light and painless, not gasping with the tortuous pain of cancer.
2informal(easy, pleasant)(method) sencillothe experience was fairly painless — la experiencia fue bastante llevadera
- Treatment in children should be simple, cheap, effective, safe, and relatively painless.
- This meant though they didn't hit the ground at full force, it was still far from painless or smooth.
- What eases the pain of his lingering departure was that it was smooth and painless.
- Now this of course assumes there's an easy painless way to make use of these techniques.
- What we do need to find is a way to make their transition into the modern, competitive world as smooth and painless as possible.
- Immunisation - simple and painless - will safeguard your baby and free you from anxiety.
- It provides a painless, enjoyable and comprehensive review for the primary physician.
- Using the euro was relatively painless - it was comforting to be on the same foot as everyone else in the city on at least that one thing.
- Whatever your personal preferences, it is fair to say that neither method is easy, painless or complication free.
- Every effort to make the transition smooth and painless will be appreciated.
- The company does a hundred little things to make traveling by air simple, easy, and painless.
- While buying the house had been relatively painless, selling it was not going to be so easy.
- Legislation seems to me the only painless - maybe the only way - to get there from here.
- The author put some effort into making the installation as painless as possible for this type of package.
- The weekly toenail trim hasn't been so easy and painless since I was a tiny tot.
- Thank you Norton, for making it easy and painless to get that info.
- It should be easy to add new watches and painless to receive notification of events.
- Installation is simple and painless, though you initially need to connect to the net to activate the program.
- An easy and painless security patching process will also reduce the vulnerability window.
- The Minister replied that this was a fairly painless way to level the disparities between the haves and have-nots.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.