In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(efforts/research) concienzudo(person/personality) meticuloso(personality/person) minuciosohe's terribly painstaking about his work — no escatima esfuerzos en su trabajo
- Compulsive working out at the gym is common, as is painstaking attention to diet and dietary supplements.
- Yesterday forensic experts continued their painstaking search for clues at the pensioner's home.
- Besides, tons of hard work, painstaking efforts and perseverance are required.
- His technique shows a painstaking attention to detail in a labour-intensive process.
- Instead art students using all sorts of craft normally do it with painstaking care.
- Forensic experts yesterday continued the painstaking search for clues to the London bombers.
- He warned that the investigation could prove to be a long haul as it would be thorough and painstaking.
- The foxy-coloured glazes had been applied with painstaking attention to detail.
- Bringing such a collection to life took months of painstaking research and development.
- Lots of painstaking research work went before we came up with the design.
- It is a historical document showing the author's painstaking research and narrative skills.
- He has a worldwide patent on the unique vehicle, now at its prototype stage after two and a half years of painstaking research.
- The officers then begin the painstaking job of searching the house for drugs and stolen property.
- However, all her painstaking attention to detail ended up being slightly derailed.
- It took almost a decade of meticulous and painstaking work to empty the tomb of Tutankhamen.
- He then set about a thorough and painstaking exploration of what an orchestral work of the late 20th century might be.
- The secret of good tiling is painstaking preparation and accurate cutting and fixing.
- Although one has to admire the painstaking attention to detail in keeping the scaffold holes.
- The training was with painstaking precision and hard work was expected of all of us.
- After a year of painstaking scientific research, the world's funniest joke was revealed on yesterday.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.