In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1caja de acuarelas feminine
- Brightly painted butterflies and Easter eggs are drawn with black outlines and colors that seem to come from a child's paintbox.
- Many studios also contained a cabinet with drawers in which to keep pigments, media, and brushes dust-free, with a hinged top which lifts to reveal paints in a tray or paintbox below.
- He started painting only four years ago, after spotting a paintbox in an art shop window in Scarborough.
- A paintbox in jewel-tones lay opened on the bedside table, and a collection of tiny brushes.
- However, he did keep an easel and paintbox in his studio.
- So, I did the big sigh thing, pulled out my paintbox and brushes, taped a postcard onto my small drawing board, closed my eyes and… out popped another rural cottage scene.
- ‘We'll give him a purple coat from my paintbox by and by,’ said Bertie.
- That ‘something’ is generally held to be the gift of a paintbox from a girlfriend on his 21st birthday, but that seems to have been part of a wider epiphany.
- Every one also has easels standing tall, accompanied by a weathered table speckled with paint and sporting a paintbox and palettes.
- If we're all a piece of art, then computers are just another brush in the paintbox.
- And his paintboxes grow legs and walk over to him so he doesn't have to stand up and go get them.
- And, once we'd had lunch, and a nap, I settled down with my paintbox and a bottle of claret to an afternoon and evening of watercolour experiments.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.