In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1pintor masculinepintora feminineportrait painter — retratista feminine
- Police are now on the verge of allowing painters, plumbers, decorators and joiners into the house to begin clearing up and repairing fittings damaged during the extensive examination of the house.
- Our city is renowned for its historic interest but little is known about its wealth of artists, which includes painters, potters, photographers, weavers and printmakers.
- He felt that painters and artists should not be content with traditional themes.
- Even at the first glance, almost all the paintings on display betray the meditative mood of the painter when the artist was at work.
- Each year the Salon, in addition to new pictures by contemporary painters, included exhibitions by older masters whose influence remained strong.
- He was a trained painter and decorator with a steady job and a loving family.
- Born in 1872, he aspired to become a landscape painter, but realized that a career in book illustrations would be more lucrative.
- They are usually painted by nonacademic artists and unknown painters.
- A painter's tack rag or turpentine-dampened rag will help pick up much of this dirt.
- Since you are worried that your second bedroom ‘will not last’ Hillary suggests you get the painters in and redecorate it, and don't answer your phone.
- He is a painter, cartoonist, landscape artist and filmmaker who has been living in the capital for more than fifteen years.
- Annie worked as a burler and mender and Roy became a self-employed painter and decorator, which saw him through to retirement.
- Volunteers became painters and decorators to mark the re-launch of a community action group.
- By the time he was 40, he stopped producing commercial art and became a painter of pictures and illustrations.
- Catherine's partner Geoff, 41, is a self-employed painter and decorator and can also help out with childcare.
- Discuss with your students how such minimalist painters could influence an artist who uses color and light in such an expressive variety.
- She also exhibited as a painter and sculptor and illustrated the several books she wrote on her life and work.
- Both look at the whole working careers of the artists, and both artists are key painters in the British figurative tradition.
- Showing alongside this exhibition is a collection of works by French landscape painters who inspired Monet's work, including Corot and Courbet.
- In another era, many of these artists would have been landscape painters.
- Engineers and architects use spatial intelligence, as do visual artists like sculptors and painters.
- Working manfully through the tower of invoices and feeding their details into the computer, he reflected upon the frustrating job held by the painters of the Forth bridge, and decided they had it easy.
- An artist-in-residence has been teaching the children about artists and painters 50 years ago.
- Liao is known for his comic cartoon work and others include sculptors, oil painters and print artists.
- Indeed, one new report says that we will have to import painters and decorators from abroad by 2020 if trends continue.
- Louise wants to work in computers, Andy as a painter and decorator.
- The work was done by both professional fancy painters and amateur home decorators.
- And he heard it from a servant in the building where the painter lives.
- There's even an artist - a painter to keep an illustrated record of the trip.
- A painter agreed to paint the entire of the owner's house for a fixed sum.
- The building is being renovated with carpenters, painters and maintenance workers moving all over.
- But Jim, a retired painter and decorator, never fancied his own chances in front of the camera.
- Inevitably, then, some people under the proposed age limit will require spray paints for apprenticeships and business such as painters, builders and mechanics, as well as for personal use.
- Unfortunately however, they were the only landscapes that painters and illustrators were in the habit of imagining.
- Instead, after working as a painter and decorator, he joined the police.
- Social experts have also suggested that these people have the potential to be trained and used as either garden workers or painters.
- What surprises me a lot is, even the workers decorating my house have their mobiles - the em>painters, the decorators, the mason, the electricity, and the carpenter.
- Her artists range across ages, levels of experience, and focus, with graphic designers, painters, tattoo artists, and more represented.
- The two of them spent their lives working as stage designers and landscape painters in various provincial towns, ending up in Vladimir.
- Masons became builders; painters became contractors; speculating became an industry, and small business fancied up itself into an association.
1amarra feminineboza feminine
- He doesn't have a painter on his boat [a painter being a rope attached to the bow/front of the boat] despite it being a normal fitting, and his boat having the hole through which it should run.
- Toby leapt ashore with the painter and dropped a clove-hitch over a tree stump with two twists of his wrists.
- Reaching up, I tied the painter to her stern, attaching my lifeline, my umbilicus, to my own boat.
- Just as the sun was about to go down, a slight tug on the painter ended my solitude.
- If I squinted my eyes tight enough, I could also see the cleat near the stern where I used to attach the painter from the punt.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.