In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Other pairings of seemingly identical prints prove more revealing of Morris's working process.
- When new winter beers come in, pair them with menu items and promote pairings to your clientele.
- There are loads more possible pairings and scenarios, far too many to mention here.
- The point is well taken, but often the pairings seem linked by no more than chance similarities of design.
- In other words, generational differences may have still occurred in these types of age pairings.
- I will have to work my pairings in a way that everybody will have a chance to play in the first four rounds.
- It's a foundation often used for wine pairing that serves other beverage pairings as well.
- Some of the most popular pairings pitted contrasting advantages and disadvantages against one another.
- What happens to the relationship between aunt/uncle and nephew/niece pairings?
- Then, in the same number of matches, the new ball was passed around 10 different pairings.
- Yet there's some musical pairings that are so bad they're good.
- Two weeks earlier Claudia had sent out the randomised pairings via e-mail and set the limit to £10 per gift.
- The waiter paired our entrées with special-entrée wine pairings.
- This book follows these traditional pairings, devoting separate chapters to each pair.
- As to the rest I am prepared to let you chose the order and the pairings amongst yourselves.
- More inspired and unpredictable pairings came in a carpaccio of venison.
- The coverage used alternating pairings of commentators from around the world.
- These pairings are not contradictory but complementary; they are aspects of the same overarching reality.
- The former two pairings provide one semi-final while the latter pairings provide the other semi-final.
- Embarked upon to encourage discourse between past and present, the idea throws up some interesting pairings.
2(of people)emparejamiento masculine
3(group of two)pareja femininedúo masculine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.