- The larger one held tubes of dried-up oil paints, a palette knife, some stiff brushes.
- With a palette knife or spoon, he applied thick coats of warm enduit, a sturdy plaster mixed with glue used for wall repairs that dries to a high-gloss finish.
- Turn them over with a palette knife and colour the other side.
- In some cases, the artist may scratch or splatter paint, add crayon or brush strokes or apply additional paint with a palette knife.
- The beauty of oil paint is that you can wipe it off, scrape it off with a palette knife or paint over it.
- Other bits of canvas build up the surface, creating a substructure for the artist's play with her palette knife and sculptor's tools, which mold color into an insistent material presence.
- Courbet's broadly handled paint surfaces, often applied with a palette knife, emphasised the uniqueness of his pictorial vision.
- A layer of flake white applied with a palette knife creates shapes with raised edges, giving the paintings a collaged appearance.
- Favoring the palette knife over the brush, the artist applies and scrapes away paint on his modestly sized canvases with an intensity that borders on the obsessive.
- The salient features defining his creative contours are the cascading planes of colours and the broad brick strokes applied with a palette knife.
- In keeping with her family's long tradition of Dutch Impressionists, she manipulates thick layers of paint with a palette knife to form rich color and texture on the canvas.
- He set to work at once without waiting for the brushes, palette knife and paints he had sent for from home.
- Often applying oil paint with a palette knife, Scott fills his canvases with irregular squares and rectangles in a rainbow of contrasting hues.
- She paints these scenes exclusively with a palette knife.
- If you want, you can use a palette knife, sponge or brush strokes to add texture to your background.
- In one work, thick dabs of red, yellow, blue, white and yellow-green oil paint applied with a palette knife cover the 10-foot-wide canvas.
2(US also) pallet knifeCookingespátula femininepaleta feminine
- When frozen, melt the top of the parfait using a hot palette knife, then fold over the excess rice paper so that the parfait is now fully enclosed.
- Remove the chicken from the grill and pour over the pan juices, OR: turn the chicken over with a palette knife so that the cheese is on the bottom.
- Lift them from the pan with a fish slice or palette knife and place them on a shallow dish.
- Use a long palette knife to slide the cheesecake onto a flat plate.
- Using a palette knife or fish slice, carefully transfer each pizza to a serving plate and garnish with basil sprigs.
- Fill the ramekins, smoothing the tops with a palette knife.
- Using a small palette knife, thickly smear the insides of all the cheeses with the paste, then skewer two blocks lengthways with a soaked skewer to secure them tightly while cooking.
- Squash the mixture down with a palette knife and cook till the bottom has browned and crisped in the butter.