In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1computadora de mano feminineordenador de mano masculine Spainpalm feminine
- With the advent of the mobile phone, e-mail and the palmtop, workers are supposedly benefiting from greater freedom and more time to enjoy themselves.
- The spirometer was connected to the palmtop computer via a serial port.
- Bluetooth allows gadgets such as palmtops, printers and cellphones to communicate over the air at 1 megabit per second.
- Nathan moves to the other side of his desk and picks up his palmtop computer and mobile phone before locking it with a tiny silver key.
- If you have an Internet café at your church, guests will want to access the Internet from their laptops, palmtops, and PDAs.
- Soon we will start to see devices arriving that combine palmtop computers with cellphones with Internet devices with GPS systems.
- Laptops, palmtops, and other gadgetry are quickly taking over many campuses.
- That's because the diminutive size of handheld computers - PDAs, palmtops or Pocket PCs - is both a blessing and a curse.
- He said that Prof Barrett did not have access to the palmtop, the laptop to which the files were backed up, or the data itself.
- US buyers spent more than $1 billion on palmtops last year, more than twice the $436 million they forked out in 1999.
- ‘Certainly,’ he replies, making a few commands on his palmtop computer and handing it to Adele.
- He pulled out a palmtop computer and plugged it into an outlet in the wall.
- Even laptops and palmtops are taking over the erstwhile super computers' importance.
- The patients also indicated that they were interested in sending messages via the palmtop computer to the physician.
- Its software lets companies access their computer systems from anywhere in the world, offering access by palmtops, laptops or mobile phones.
- Another factor contributing to the high performance of patients is the automatic real-time analysis of the tests by the palmtop computer.
- A Windows-powered smart phone offers the same ability as a palmtop to synchronise data with your computer, and is half the size.
- It remains to be seen if this is the first of many such viruses on palmtop computers.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.